Friday, August 1, 2014

Junk food report

Leahey Mac and Cheese, good!  Not quite like the fluorescent yellow of Kraft, but nice and creamy.  Not something I'll eat all that often, but it'll be nice to have on hand for those nights when I'm short on time and/or energy.

Earth Balance Mac and Cheese.

This one is more like the Kraft that we (used to) know and love.  Satisfying in a retro, comforting kind of way.  Not a huge portion and I could easily have eaten the whole box myself.  But, let's face it; I am an American, and thus am used to eating enormous portions of food.  I was expected to share, and fortunately avoided food shaming myself on this occasion.

However, in a head-to-head comparison, I'll take the Leahey.  It was richer and creamier and had a less processed taste to it.  Less plasticky, shall we say.  Don't get me wrong, I would not turn away the Earth Balance were it placed in front of me.  And as far as cost, honestly, I can't remember what I paid for either one of them.  I'd be happy to both of these in the pantry when I get home from a 12-hour workday, but I'd reach for the Leahey first.

No comments:

Post a Comment