Sunday, February 3, 2013

Supah Bowl

Not that I care all that much about the Super Bowl, and it's not because the Broncos aren't in it this year.  It's just not my cup of tea.  I did see somewhere in the news this week that Super Bowl Sunday is America's 2nd highest caloric intake day behind Thanksgiving.  Well, way to go, America, another stat to be proud of.

But, I was watching "Sunday Morning" this morning, as is my Sunday ritual, and it featured a story on New Orleans style gumbo.  I've never been to New Orleans, but given its strong food traditions, it seems a place I'd like to visit sometime.  So, until I can get there, I thought it would be fun to get into the food spirit of the event and of New Orleans.

My thoughts went first to jambalaya and red beans and rice.  I thumbed through a few cookbooks and the red beans and rice recipe from Vegan Cooking for Carnivores jumped out at me.

And here it is:

Recipe here.  Top with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!  I sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment