Monday, August 5, 2013

Dessert fail

It's such a bummer when something like this happens. You see a recipe and it looks really good on paper (and in pictures, in this case), so you go to the effort of assembling the ingredients and then preparing it and then...disappointment. For some reason it's worse when it's a dessert.

So I ran across the recipe a week or so ago. Chocolate, peanut butter, pretzel crust, what could go wrong? Not to mention that I was spurred on by my already-professed love of these:

 
But go wrong it did for reasons I haven't been able to specify. They sure looked tasty, though.


Maybe it was too much of  a good thing.  The crust was a little mushy and overall I think it was just too much.  These things filled a regular-size muffin cup, so they were the size of a cupcake.  Even a Justin's pb cup would be too much in that size.  Granted, these were not purported to be a pb cup, they are pb pies.  I couldn't even finish one.  Lori finished hers but later said she did it so she wouldn't hurt my feelings.  Oy.  I mean, it's dessert.  It's optional.  If it's not good, for Pete's sake, don't eat it!
 
I'll be backing off the peanut butter desserts for quite awhile.  I didn't blog about it, but I also made a peanut butter ice cream pie a few weeks ago (with a Nutter Butter crust, no less--again, what could go wrong?  But it did), which you'd think would have taught me a lesson.  But, no.  I shall stick to what I know, and that is Justin's pb cups are the gold standard.  Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment