Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Spicy Peanut Soup

One Dish Vegan by Robin Robertson is one of the new cookbooks in the house that has been providing inspiration lately.  Robin is one of my fave cookbook authors, and I have more of her books than any others (although Isa is a close second).

I could not pass up a cookbook with a title that includes "one dish," since my motivation level is often low and I just want to make something that's relatively quick and easy that doesn't dirty every pot and pan in the house.  I'm not always successful on that front, but knowing Robin's previous work, I was confident that the one dish portion of the title was mostly accurate.

I've made a recipe or two from the book already, but given the previously noted lack of motivation, that often applies to taking pics of the end product.  Either the kitchen is a mess and I don't want that documented, or I'm too hungry and just want to chow down.  I will try to be more diligent.

So, last night I made Spicy Peanut Soup.  Yes, it was a one dish creation, as soups often are, and it was delicious.  Oh but wait, I did use a cast iron pan to brown the tofu.  I stand corrected.  I did try to find the recipe online but was unable to do so.  The book is still new so I will wait to post until the coast is clear(er) and will then revisit.  Until then, pick up a copy at the library or just buy it if you are a cookbook hoarder like me.
I'll definitely make this one again.  Add a little Sriracha for extra heat.  This recipe makes a lot, so prepare yourself for spicy, peanutty goodness for a few days.  I know you won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment