Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday fud and drink

Ah, the holidays...Time to overindulge.  I try not to overdo, but rather to savor the pleasure of partaking.  I will only partially cover the holiday offerings, mostly so as not to reveal what a pig I am.

First up, Coconut Chana Saag from Isa Does It:

This dish was magnificent.  So easy and so satisfying.  Plus it made a lot, so there were plenty of hearty, satisfying leftovers.  Mmm, leftovers.  My favorite.

And vegan Irish Cream:

From Vegan Dad.  Recipe here.  This was delish, although I made one critical error in not using decaf coffee in making mine.  This would ordinarily not be a big deal, but when enjoying as a nightcap, it's something to consider.  Between the caffeine and the sugar, I did not get much sleep after imbibing.

Apparently I was too busy eating and drinking to digitally document my adventures.  Ah, well, there's plenty more on the horizon.  That's the great thing about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment